Thursday, April 2, 2009

SRK fans

Uhuh. Here's a list of headlines on their enthusiastic proclamation of love and preference for our guy (and the length of the list seems to be increasing over time):

I'm a big SRK fan: Imran Khan
Sonam Kapoor is SRK's Biggest Fan
Vidya Balan Declares Love for Shahrukh Khan
I’m SRK’s biggest fan: Priyanka Chopra
SRK tops Rani Mukherjee's list of favourites
There's no Bollywood without SRK: Bipasha
Kareena is crazy for SRK
Preity Zinta loves Shah Rukh Khan
I love Shah Rukh Khan films - John Abraham
He adores Shah Rukh Khan - Vivek Oberoi
Mushtaq Sheikh - It's a Blessing to Have a Soul Like Shah Rukh Even in Your Vicinity
Karan Johar on a candid roll about the SRK fixation
Farah Khan: There's not only one thing about Shah Rukh Khan
He`s someone I grew up watching - Deepika
"Germany loves SHAH RUKH KHAN"
It's Shah Rukh all the way at Poland's Bollywood fest
Touches people's hearts (one or two comments are not complimentary)
Istanbul dotes on SRK (youtube)
Tibet Youths Crazy About Bollywood!
It's SRK over Euro 2008
Why Bollywood loves SRK
Have you met SRK? Tell us! - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
What the world thinks of Shah Rukh Khan
Making King Khan dance
Shah Rukh is a sweetheart: Arjun Rampal
Love International - Shahrukh Khan by Manesh Madhavan
Parimal Asks Sandhya 'Lechipodhama?'
Outlandish - that was the first time in my career that I was ‘star struck’
Saina Nehwal - I'm the biggest fan of Shahrukh Khan


...and surely a statement of rivalry is a 'subtle' indication of hero worship, or at the very least... a sign that the guy has etched a significant place in some part of their brains enough to get a passing mention/full-fledged treatment in their interviews:

See, Im better than Shah Rukh: Vinay Pathak
'I want to be better than SRK'- Avinash
"Shahrukh prefers being number two": Aamir Khan
Rakhi Sawant claims to be better than Shahrukh Khan
Some day I want to be better than Shah Rukh Khan - Hrithik Roshan
I am not here to be compared: Abhay Deol
My ultimate competitor is SRK: Kamaal
Adhyayan's career going the Shah Rukh way?

Actually, more than anything... my big question mark is, why must: new actors be compared to SRK, new actresses express their wish to star opposite him, he be compared to legendary heavyweights and be found wanting, et cetera et cetera ad nauseam??

But it's o-ke. SRK said he prefers pot shots againts him than being ignored XD. It's just one of his ways to deal with all this excessive intrusiveness, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment