Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I feel like pasting this here becoz I think it's cute~~

...and becoz let's face it, Shah Rukh never does things without a strong vision in mind and I thought that what he wrote here illustrates that quite clearly.


It’s judgement day

Today is an important day in my life. I am going to have six new additions to my family of Kolkata Knight Riders. And they are special, they are my Angels, who have been unearthed after a nationwide hunt spanning over three months.

Knights and Angels (KNA) is an extension of my belief in spreading the awareness of sports in India. Cheerleading is a big sport in America and cheerleaders have their own fan following. After last year’s controversy regarding the sport, I decided to add respectability to a profession which can create great opportunities for the youth.

Cheerleading for Kolkata Knight Riders is a platform, which will help them forge successful careers. But a word of caution — cheerleading can’t be used as a stepping stone. Education is still the most important thing for every individual. I have invited the Angels as special guests for the Kolkata Knight Riders match at Eden Gardens. Even I plan to enter the stadium with my Angels and dance with them as we try to put on a great performance.

KNA is also an effort to promote sports in our country. When I was growing up, there was little scope for playing any kind of sports. With a population of 1.2 billion, only 11 players make it to the National Cricket team. Sports in India is yet to grow in every state, district, and every nook and corner. It is with that intention that I created Hoogly Moshai, the mascot of Kolkata Knight Riders, who was incorporated on the show to get children to come and see the matches. I also want to make an animation film with a sports theme on Hoogly so that more children can play sports with opportunities I never had while I was growing up.

Love, SRK…

No comments:

Post a Comment