Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rajasthan Royals defeated by Bangalore Royal Challengers

I'm only keeping up with the commentary in anticipation of which team KKR will face when it advances to the semi-finals (that's me being positive, not sarcastic). For those who understand what all these figures mean, I'm pasting the results of the match here (full article):
  • Bangalore Royal Challengers gained a crushing 75-run win as the champions were bowled out for a paltry 58
  • Indian batting star Rahul Dravid made a fine 66 as Bangalore recovered from losing two wickets for no runs in the first three balls of their innings. Bangalore made 133 for eight, which hardly seemed likely to be a total easily defended, but the Royals made a horror start and never recovered. They were bowled out for 58, with no batsman making more than 11
  • Mascarenhas struck again when Robin Uthappa was caught behind to reduce the Challengers to 17 for three. But Pietersen made 32 as he and Dravid started a fightback. Dravid carried it on, batting until the last over of the innings as he made 66 off 48 balls with eight fours and a six. Mascarenhas took three for 20 and he was backed up by Munaf Patel (two for 25) and Warne, who claimed two for 18 in his four overs.
My stomach is in a knot waiting for the KKR match even though I can't watch it. I suspect it'll be online early morning Malaysian time. This is when I wish I have cable + sports channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment