Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mumbai Indians won!

Well, obviously I dunno how to read the figures but here's me trying on cricket speak: today's match saw Mumbai Indians won against Chennai Super Kings by 19 runs! (link).

I've read comments on loss of support in KKR over the captaincy issue but I always root for underdogs anyway so I'm alright with that. I'm against Shah Rukh's statement that he "would rather try the multiple captain idea and fail". I don't like the fact that the word 'fail' is lingering in his head when it comes to trying this new game plan or gameplay out. New ideas/concepts/theories should always be tried in any field that we're passionate about. Maybe I'm receptive to this because I'm a student researcher and coming up with new stuff is our bread and butter. But really, doing everything by the book may work most times, but then where's the fun in being followers of old traditions in a new game format of Twenty20?

I hope he's inserting the word 'fail' there just to ease the audience's heart, not because he really feels that way. I have a short limit for tolerating failures in others (which strangely doesn't apply to myself XD), so if KKR is still not gaining major grounds this year I know I will completely lose interest in them come next IPL, and continue to be so until they climb to the top spot some day (when?? Why can't it be this year??). I want them to at least make it to the 2009 semi-finals. Is that too much to ask? Surely not. Honestly, I want them to win the championship. And if I feel this way, I know KKR and its owners feel it 10,000 times more acutely than I do.

Other clips I found on IPL 2009:
Short clip of IPL Press Conference
Shah Rukh Khan at IPL Gala Parade - Part 1, Part 2
ipl season 2 kicks off with star studded gala carnival across cape town
IPL 2: The Cricket Carnival - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
IPL 2: Countdown begins!
Bollywood meets cricket as South Africa hosts the IPL
IPL cricketers dance to SA drummers' tunes!
Shah Rukh Khan & Preity Zinta announce Bollywood starlet contest at IPL press event April 17 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment