Saturday, April 18, 2009

Multiple-captaincy update...

All I can say is, Shah Rukh is really lucky that his team is trying this experiment in South Africa. If it were in Eden Gardens, I dunno what would have happened tomorrow with those emotional Dada fans. I don't think they care that Shah Rukh has repeatedly said how the cricketing decisions in his team are decided by the cricketing experts: coach, captain, etc. They'll blame him anyway. I've read so many irrational comments about him regarding the multiple-captaincy, they make my head spin.

If they're continuing with it after it's been tried in practice, that means it works, right? Let's see how they fare tomorrow against the Deccan Chargers before anyone starts burning someone's effigy again. But it did break my heart that they burnt his posters. He really loves Kolkata. If I, a mere fan, can feel this sad when watching that youtube clip, I wonder how he'd feel about it. Surely he's watched that news too. I hope he just takes it in his stride. Like I said, the only way to silence all the complaints is by winning the championship.

This reminds me of a tagline in that famous sports movie of his: "Sometimes winning is everything". It's easier on my nerves when it's the movies, though. I know in the end the protagonists will win for sure. But here in the real world, who knows what'll happen as the IPL week progresses. I wish them all the best. Chak De!








Other version: Shah Rukh bowles in the nets

Other news:
KKR to leave behind captaincy row, take on Deccan Chargers
Last year's scorecard of KKR vs. DC

No comments:

Post a Comment