Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kolkata Knight Riders has the lowest point


... I dunno what else to say. At this rate, never mind semi-finals, they'd probably end up at 8th rank as opposed to 6th last year.

For someone who knows nothing of cricket, at first I don't want to give my unsolicited opinion. But after reading so many articles, I feel like saying this anyway. Shah Rukh, weed out your strategists. And if you can replace your coach, it's even better. Also, turn the cricket spotlight away from yourself, please! It's the 2nd year already, time for KKR to get pushed onto the stage. I know you think of them as your kids, but they should be professional enough to handle the limelight and all the poison that comes with it.

I have a deep feeling of angst towards Buchanan right now. I don't understand what he's doing with the team. When the multiple-captaincy strategy was first given out and Dada's fans said it's a ploy to oust him from captaincy, I thought they were just being paranoid. But when he's replaced by McCullum and the multiple captains are nowhere in sight, I begin to believe that they're right. Then came that article stating all the strategists in Buchanan's camp and I went @_@ ...why are his son(s) employed along with him and why are all of them westerners (I don't know if all of them are Australians or not)?

I know Shah Rukh said he's not gonna interfere in the cricketing decisions made by his cricket staff, but he's let them have free reign with his team for 2 years and they're not producing good results. It's time he hardens his soft-hearted sentiment towards them and take some tough actions. At the end of the day, no matter how much love he pours onto the franchise, if they're not winning games, the enjoyment of IPL cricket will soon sour for everyone: him, the team, the fans. It's understandable that one team will lose and one team will win in a game... but there's no point in going on the field if you don't play to win. Honestly, is KKR playing to win right now?

That's my 2-cent worth anyway. I love KKR... the franchise is the most attractive among them all: good line-up, nice image, excellent promotion, and Shah Rukh as co-owner. I want them to be at the top of the heap in IPL 3 (I've given up that impossible dream for IPL 2, sorry). Shah Rukh is a good brand on his own right so I don't think KKR endorsers will give up on him that easily (case in point: the Hyundai collaboration). Just by having him on board ensures maximum interest from oversea viewers regardless of whatever opinion the Indian cricket lovers have towards him. Heck, the only reason why I'm taking an interest in IPL at all is because of Shah Rukh and I'm sure there're thousands, if not millions or billions, of people out there who are the same. Shah Rukh might joke about him being the USP of IPL, but to us SRK oversea fans, what he said is completely true.

We want KKR to win because we want Shah Rukh to win. That's all there is to it. And if that irks cricket lovers everywhere, then we're sorry but we're not gonna be apologetic about this. I'm telling you, write KKR off now and if SRK and his team manage to turn it around and make a winning venture in 5 years time, all you malicious reporters will then churn out article after article of what an ace businessman and sports person he is. We've all seen/read/heard how that's happened before.

I wish him and his team all the best and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment